The Motability scheme was set up in 1977 to help disabled people, their families and carers get mobile.
It was designed to give them a feeling of independence that everyone deserves to have.
Ford has been the largest supplier of vehicles to Motability since 2012, delivering more than 50,000 vehicles to Motability customers last year. We account for one in five of the vehicles delivered via the Motability scheme.
Our award-winning cars are versatile, roomy, stylish and deliver exceptional driving dynamics. You can also take advantage of our large support network of Motability accredited Dealers and benefit from the service of over 1,000 dedicated Motability Specialists.
Now find out more about how the scheme works and whether you’re eligible.
Simply assign your allowance to Motability and you’ll get a brand new car every three years. Your allowance covers most of the running costs, so all you have to do is fill your car with fuel.
Your agreement includes:
- A brand new Ford of your choice every three years
- Insurance, loss and damage protection, personal accident cover for named drivers and passengers
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs at your Ford Dealer
- Full breakdown assistance from the RAC
- Window and windscreen replacement
- A 60,000 mile allowance during the three years
- Free replacement tyres fitted by Kwik-Fit
- The most popular adaptations arranged through your Motability accredited Ford Dealer
- There are many vehicles available at no additional cost to your allowance. However, if you do want a higher specification vehicle or one of our larger cars, you will need to pay an additional one-off ‘Advance Payment’.
If you’re receiving either of the following benefits, you could qualify for a car under the Motability scheme:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC-DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of the Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
Even if you can’t drive yourself, you could still get a car on the Motability scheme by nominating a family member, guardian or your carer as your driver. You should have received an Award Notice with details of your allowance from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). If they haven’t sent you one, or if you’ve mislaid it, simply contact the DWP on: 03457123456.
Remember, if you’re thinking about joining the scheme, you must have at least 12 months of your award remaining.
From £NIL Advance Payment
From £195 Advance Payment
From £1,295 Advance Payment
From £1,795 Advance Payment
From £4,745 Advance Payment
From £7,199 Advance Payment